Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three month rule??

5 posters

Go down

Three month rule?? Empty Three month rule??

Post  Soulreaver Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:33 am

As started on our group's topic I ask you what you think about the 3 month rule,which says you should wait at least 3 months after a game has been released to LP it.

I myself think thats bollocks, its been claimed that you need to gather informations about the game,play it first and gather some experience and get some stuff to talk about
But since when did we do that? Doing that means PLANNING LPs! You shouldnt plan LPs,you just do it!
Its like when you play the game,write down some things and then make a 100page book out of that that you just read while you play. I mean wheres the LP in that? LPing has allways been improvising!

I mean whats better than a blind LP of a brand new game? When the LPer and the viewers dont know whats going on and you figure stuff out with the LPer and be surprised and stuff, unlike when you LP a game like Zelda1, when everyone knows 100% whats comming up and where everything is and stuff like that.

But OF COURSE you shouldnt do it when you unexperienced with LPs, a blind LP of a new game is one of the worst things you can do when you start out, but if you are allready experienced with LPs then: why not.
Soulreaver
Soulreaver
Admin

Forum points : 10484

https://booalliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Three month rule?? Empty Re: Three month rule??

Post  Tor@ Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:55 am

I agree with that i have to say I prefer to do un rehearsed Lps on games Ive never played b4 its more fun that way
Tor@
Tor@

Forum points : 10432

https://www.youtube.com/user/ToraTatsu2

Back to top Go down

Post  FlangieB Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:42 pm

BANANA HAMMOCK
FlangieB
FlangieB

Forum points : 10468

https://www.youtube.com/user/FlangiePlays

Back to top Go down

Post  Popper100 Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:14 pm

The three month rule was actually implemented to keep relatively known Lpers from playing games that would most likely be played by their fans at the same time. There's nothing worse than knowing that new videos are all going to consist of crap you just did the other day in a game you don't want to fall behind in.

Just my 2 cents

Popper100

Forum points : 10407

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonLemur175 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:44 pm

Meh, this rule doesn't really apply to me (If I did LP) because usually either I play a game that's been out for longer or I play one without caring about release date. *usually plays old games or games people don't want* Three monthes is a ridiculously long time, and a lot of games are better played blindly than normal, even though there are also that are not. I mean, look at the people LPing games before they officially come out in America. They cheated and bought from Japan before the American release date. xP

The only main concern with not following it is the vetern LPers who will troll you for not following it and being unexperienced. They'll scare away viewers. xP But if they troll you too bad obviously they shouldn't have too many subscribers for having someone who burns people play games for them. xD;;
DemonLemur175
DemonLemur175
Small fry
Small fry

Forum points : 10398

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum