Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noob To Animes

+2
Tor@
FlangieB
6 posters

Go down

Noob To Animes Empty Noob To Animes

Post  FlangieB Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Tora knows this, I'm a noob when it comes to Animes thats why I've mmade this topic, just say what is a good Anime and why people should watch it

This is for the good of everyone in the forum, not just me *cough* Razz
FlangieB
FlangieB

Forum points : 10426

https://www.youtube.com/user/FlangiePlays

Back to top Go down

Noob To Animes Empty Re: Noob To Animes

Post  Tor@ Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:07 pm

DEATH NOTE you should watch it because its amazing it makes you think and so much more if anyone here has any questions about death note I will answer them *story of a boy who finds a notebook that kills ppl when names of them are written down in it he uses this notebook to rid the world of criminals and the police are after the person responsible

Beck - a realistic anime based on music but it gets really good as it goes on

Tower of Druaga - Awesome anime that was loosely based on a game but so much more entertaining and done well

school rumble - a funny anime basically about a clueless girl and a bad-ass guy who has a crush on her but is to afraid to tell her in other words a romance comedy but I watched both seasons of this anime and it is one of my faves

TO love ru - its a funny anime very funny its an echi kind of humor which means sex but its not full on hentai its just the humor but there is naked girls ALOT of the time its still a good harem type sex comedy anime

Getbackers - I have watched this entire anime as its quite good it starts off dull then gets alot better espescially when the lightning tower comes in

Yu Yu Hakusho - this is a given as everyone should alredy know what this anime is story of a delinquent who dies then the spirit world gives him his life back as their detective he fights demons so on teams up with some demons if you haven't seen this anime i suggest you do so now

Kenichi worlds strongest desciple - amazing anime somewhat realistic anime about a boy who gets tired of being pushed around so he starts training at the dojo near him and it is torturous but he actually becomes really good at fighting and pulls off unthinkable techniques which actually leads him into even more trouble XD

now in manga i have this to say

Ichigo 100% (strawberry 100%) a hilarious manga that about a loser boy who eventually has 5 girls after him its the best harem type manga ive ever seen XD iu suggest you read it

Love Hina - the manga not anime *shivers at the dub* anyway love hina is quite good as well in manga form that is boy comes into all girls dorm you get the rest
Tor@
Tor@

Forum points : 10390

https://www.youtube.com/user/ToraTatsu2

Back to top Go down

Post  NagafenOfIvalice Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Immortal Rain.

Tis a manga. I would advise reading it as it has complex alongside simple themes, while maintaining an interesting flow of storyline. All this with some nice artwork too.
NagafenOfIvalice
NagafenOfIvalice

Forum points : 10361

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonLemur175 Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:10 pm

All I have to say are my reccomendations:

Alice Academy (Gakuen Alice) - It's a comedy about two elementary girls that both end up going to a school called Alice Academy, a strange school for 'gifted' children. And by gifted, I mean they all have different 'Alices,' or powers.

UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie - The most effed up romantic comedy I've ever known. It's about an alien princess who crash lands into a human boy to escape an arranged marriage. To keep him from dying, she gives him half of her soul, making her into a little girl all the time unless they kiss. It's extremely perverted for a PG-13 anime. xD;;

Fooly Cooly - Probably one of the best animes ever. It's only 6 episodes, but it's pure awesomeness. Don't take my word for it, just watch it. It's too difficult to describe. :P
DemonLemur175
DemonLemur175
Small fry
Small fry

Forum points : 10356

Back to top Go down

Post  Tor@ Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:33 am

Ive seen ufo princess valkyrie all the way threw lol its definitely bizzare
Tor@
Tor@

Back to top Go down

Post  FlangieB Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:42 am

I've watched Princess Mononoke, that was wierd

and a anime film with a cat, that was a bus, and used telephone poles as a track and stuf...very bizare, might have been on acid at the time tho, not too sure
FlangieB
FlangieB

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonLemur175 Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:49 pm

You mean My Neighbor Totoro? Both of those movies were actually very good.

And trust me, you don't know weird until you've seen some of the very strange yaoi my friend's friend watches and reads. She tied down another friend of mine and forced him to watch one of her animes. Afterwards, he came out of the room twitching. xP;;; *doesn't like yaoi very much*
DemonLemur175
DemonLemur175
Small fry
Small fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Cevian Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:46 pm

One Piece.

You can watch the first 13 episodes for free here, subbed or dubbed.
http://www.hulu.com/one-piece?c=Animation-and-Cartoons/Anime

Cevian

Forum points : 10348

Back to top Go down

Post  FlangieB Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:58 am

YEAH, thats the one, ive also seen one with like....erm....wind and stuff, and these random bug things, and a plain of gold or something, i can't remember the name

and one with a witch
FlangieB
FlangieB

Back to top Go down

Post  NorthWoodsNightWolf Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:47 am

Trigun....why because it's just epic and has a awesome storyline...and the dubs are really good

FLCL - Messed up in so many ways that it makes this awesome

Cowboy Bebop - Loved the story and the characters

Ouran Highschool Host Club: Funny anime and great characters and voice acting (except in the dubbs with the twins......Really you need to get two voice actors for two characters who were voiced by the same person in the Japanese version)

Gungrave: Amazing story and writing and a really sad ending...this ending makes me cry every time I watch it

Witch Hunter Robin: GOD KILLS KITTENS IF YOU DON'T WATCH THIS

WOLF'S RAIN: KITTENS DIE AGAIN IF YOU DON'T WATCH THIS

Elfen Lied: Most Disturbing Anime EVER GO WATCH IT

Anime's you should Avoid like a Plague: Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, InuYasha(well at least the episodes past the Band Of Seven Story Arc), Naruto, Dragon Ball GT....(DID I MENTION I LOATH DRAGON BALL ANIME), ANYTHING DONE BY 4KIDS......

Last edited by NorthWoodsNightWolf on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I HATE DRAGON BALL)
NorthWoodsNightWolf
NorthWoodsNightWolf
Small fry
Small fry

Forum points : 10363

https://www.youtube.com/user/NorthWoodsNightWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Tor@ Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:55 pm

Cevian wrote:One Piece.

lol cevian you would show us one piece I assume its the good dub not the 4kids crap Smile though I must say I liked sanjis voice in 4kids better than the real one
Tor@
Tor@

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonLemur175 Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:16 pm

FlangieB wrote:YEAH, thats the one, ive also seen one with like....erm....wind and stuff, and these random bug things, and a plain of gold or something, i can't remember the name

and one with a witch
I think you mean Spirited Away. That was actually my favorite of all of his movies. :3
DemonLemur175
DemonLemur175
Small fry
Small fry

Back to top Go down

Post  FlangieB Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:05 am

DemonLemur175 wrote:
FlangieB wrote:YEAH, thats the one, ive also seen one with like....erm....wind and stuff, and these random bug things, and a plain of gold or something, i can't remember the name

and one with a witch
I think you mean Spirited Away. That was actually my favorite of all of his movies. :3

is that the one with the witch that gets a job a a bakery? or the giant killer bugs of death, and gold?
FlangieB
FlangieB

Back to top Go down

Post  Cevian Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:26 am

Tor@ wrote:
Cevian wrote:One Piece.

lol cevian you would show us one piece I assume its the good dub not the 4kids crap Smile though I must say I liked sanjis voice in 4kids better than the real one
Of course it's the good dub. Do you know how hard it's been to try to get people to watch this series in America after what 4Kid's did? THIS IS THE BEST SELLING MANGA IN THE HISTORY OF SHOUNEN JUMP! And people in America don't want to watch it because a horrible edited dub made it look like something they wouldn't like. ><

Also, no. The Brooklyn Accent is horrible.

Cevian

Forum points : 10348

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonLemur175 Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:07 am

FlangieB wrote:
DemonLemur175 wrote:

and one with a witch

is that the one with the witch that gets a job a a bakery? or the giant killer bugs of death, and gold?
Well, I know there's a short mention of gold in Spirited Away, but the witch in the bakery is Howl's Moving Castle. Howl's Moving Castle one was a good book as well as an interesting movie.
DemonLemur175
DemonLemur175
Small fry
Small fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum